Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Of No Pants 2016*: Post 3

 Dress number 3:
~ I used the retired Simplicity #8071
~ Can you guess where I got the fabric?  I've owned it for a few years now, could never quite get up the nerve to cut into it.  I'll give you a hint: at the time I bought it, you could not get fabric like it in the stores. It was not popular at all. 
~ The invisible zipper was the first one I sewed using the new invisible zipper foot that Dad gave me for my birthday- it was a lovely experience!  (I was going to use a vintage metal IZ, but it kept getting stuck in the foot, and so I tried not using the IZ foot, but I could not sew close enough to make it invisible....so I gave away my whole vintage metal IZ collection. Sigh!)
~ I was very careful to match the pattern, but alas, quite inexplicably they did not match after all. =/
~ This dress just may go on my next trip!  =)


IKEA!!! 
 I bought a small "baby" size bolt of fabric, so I shall have more of this fun cotton in my life for a few years.  I sure hope that it wears well!  =)   (Fun fact: the hem stitching (on the inside) is red!)


*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants is a Google+ group, and anyone can join & post at anytime.)



To learn more about SONP, please visit  hideousdreadfulstinky.com/  
and put  Summer Of No Pants in the search bar...it'll be fun!  =)

 

No comments: