Pride goes before a fall: I chose a side zipper, so I would not have to match the plaid in the back. Then I forgot, and cut the back anyway...so I sewed it shut, thinking that was better than getting a zipper to line up!
~The fabric is a fine, light weight Blue Plaid woven cotton/polly (60/40?), given to me by some friend...I can't remember if it came from the Hutchins/Jones, Teague/Gann or Gay. Thank you, Friend!
~I sewed it inside out, because I preferred the calmer "wrong side".
~Yes, I used my go-to pattern, the retired Simplicity #8071 =)
~And I lengthened the bodice 2 1/2 inches, so I could wear a belt with it.
~The zipper is a regular zipper, set in the side, following the instructions found in a vintage McCall's sewing book. Problem: the how-to is for a left side or back placement, so I did not know to reverse the directions for a RIGHT side zipper....oh well, I made a note in the book for next time!
|Mom and I went to Terrell for a |
"Not Fade Away, the Ultimate Buddy Holly Experience"
concert last night~ it was fun!
~I added an extra inch of fabric to each shoulder front, and gathered it to make it match the back bodice shoulders. (Then pinched it out in 2 pleats at the waist.)
~And I pinched out 2 more pleats, so...4 pleats total. =)