Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sharing a good sermon: "Understanding Trials"

~Can we say with David "The LORD is my shepherd"?

~Can we say with Job "For I know that my redeemer liveth"?

~Can we say with Paul "..the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me"

 ~In trials, one should pray "LORD: give me a teachable spirit!"

The following 2 sermons are by Rev. Colin Mercer

Understanding Trials Part 1:

Understanding Trials Part 2:
 
 
~If I have Christ- that is everything- I am complete in Christ.
 
Job speaking of God: 
"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:  But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Job 23:8-10
 
 ~Trials are short, and for the saved person they DO NOT last past the length of one's life.
 
"... weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5b

~In trials, we prove the everlasting mercy of God.
~Learn to bless God for the trials that come.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        If you are wondering- no, I'm not very good at this yet.

No comments: