Saturday, December 30, 2017

Gingerbread Muffins (recipe too)

My Wheat-Free Gingerbread Muffins
(Variation on Sue Gregg's recipe, found on page 115 in her "Lunches & Snacks" book.)
(note at bottom to make them chocolate)

Things I like about these muffins: they freeze well, they may be best eaten frozen, you can eat them with or without butter, they are also very good eaten in a bowl of milk like cereal!
(This is the only photo I have, sorry!)

Pre-heat oven: 325

Mix:
1 & 1/4 C. Flour (I like to use a blend of Whole Oat & Whole Barley flours, maybe some Spelt, but to make it Gluten-Free, I used 1C Oat & 1/4 C. Cassava flour...I'll bet I could have just used all oat)
1 t. Cinnamon
1/4 t. Cloves
1 t. Ginger
1/2 t. Baking Soda
3/4 t. Baking Powder
1/2 t. Salt

Beat:
1/2 C. Oil
2 Eggs (I prefer 2 eggs, but you can use 1 egg plus water to make 1/2 C.)
1/2 to 1/3 C. Liquid Sweetener (I like to use Molasses & Honey with a dab of Veg. Glycerine)

Stir together (it will be wet), and divide into 6-9 well greased paper muffin cups or muffin tins.
Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes- they won't look or "feel" done, you MUST test with a toothpick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chocolate:  Use 1/3 C. Sweetener, 6 T Cocoa Powder & 1/2 to 1 t. Vanilla Extract

~Happy eating!
Adrienne

No comments: