Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Pink & Aqua Valentine quilt

My first large quilt project (Twin size) and my first Disappearing 9 Patch.  Very easy, and it looks much harder!  You just make a 9 Patch and cut it into 4 blocks, re-arrange them, and sew them back together...or wait and mix them up before you sew them back together! (that's what I'm doing)
I got my inspiration from Mary Grace over at "Hooked on Needles" blog : HERE 
(She has Red & White, Red & Aqua and one made of scraps.)

I cut around 330 - 4" blocks!  Should make 35 - 9 patch, and that will give me 35 big blocks.  I'm planning 5 blocks X 7 blocks.
 I like to lay out 2 at a time- they feel a bit more random that way.
 Sew them, then cut them, and rearrange them!  There are MANY ways to arrange the new blocks.

My trial block- I made it for my Aunt, I hope she likes it!

I'll let you know how it goes! 
~ a Kacey Musgraves/ Frozen 2 song for you: "All is Found" ~

No comments: