Thursday, July 09, 2009

Goodbye dear old pillowcase…hello laundry bag!

Hello Anna! You have inspired me…..while I would have used the case at some point down the road- I used it NOW, and with no printed instructions!
…how do you like my bag?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goodbye dear old pillowcase….

…..Hello lovely new travel laundry bag!

Gussets are sooo easy! Having your fabric tube inside out, fold the sides in an even amount, pin & sew, turn RSO & sew across the bottom to reinforce.

I used the “thank you bag” as a pattern,
and sewed the handles like you would jumper straps. After you finish the cut openings,
fold the handles in like the “thank you bag” and sew them together! =)

I did what only Adrienne would probably ever do -
I experimented with 2 different kinds of edge finishing on the same project.

And the gussets on the outside....

...And on the inside!

All tied up! This is NOT a “grocery” bag!!! =) Just wash and reuse!
~Have a nice day!~

No comments: