Friday, August 14, 2015

The Summer Of No Pants* 2015 ~ post #6

This dress is like Post #1 (here) & #3 (here).


~I used my go-to pattern, the retired Simplicity #8071
~The fabric came from a dress that my Mom made 20 years ago. (She got the fabric from Wal*mart.)
~I gathered the bodice front and took 2 pleats in the back, and added a waist inset.
~The zipper is a regular zipper, set in the back.
~ Oh, and the zipper came from the Teague/Gann (sp?) collection! =)


 Summer 1996? Mom's dress was 1 year old:


*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants is a Google+ group, and anyone can join & post at anytime.)

4 comments:

Janice said...

What a great job! You are really good at what you do with your sewing.
Congratulations.

Mrs. Hunter said...

I like the rich rack! Don't see that much anymore.

McKee Family said...

Me too! I have a large stash, and TRY really hard to not buy more...but I don't have all the colors yet, lol! ~Adrienne

Sandra C. said...

i found your blog today and saw several of your lovely creations! sending love to you and your mom!