This dress is like Post #1 (here).~I used my go-to pattern, the retired Simplicity #8071
~The fabric came from Jo-Ann craft & fabric in Rockwall- I picked it out while thinking of Sarah saying that I needed to wear more green. This was as green as I felt at the time~ I really like it!
~I added an extra inch of fabric to each shoulder front, and gathered it to make it match the back bodice. (Then pinched it out in 2 pleats at the waist.)
~And I pinched out 2 more pleats, so...4 pleats total.
~I stitched down the pleats, so it looks "finished" even if I don't wear a belt.
~The zipper is a regular zipper, set in the side, so I did not have to worry about the "tiles" matching!
~I also lengthened the bodice 2 1/2 inches, so I could wear a belt with it. (but I don't have to)
I could wear this dress with a sweater in the Fall or Spring~