Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My own "Too Much Fun Dress"....

If you will recall, I set out to make my own "Too Much Fun Dress" (ModCloth.com, if you put Too Much Fun Dress in the search, it brings up 6 colors! Now that is too much fun!)

I think that it would have been better had I used fabric with a nice drape instead of a rather stiff calico. I did not have the right amount of red fabric, so I used some contrasting black.

I sewed the back of mine closed and put in a side zipper.

And then my arm holes are too big so I made these little black tubes that sort-of gather up the extra fabric, & any straps that may want to slide out(!!!), and snap shut!
The bodice is an old Simplicity #8071,
but I had to tweak it to get the extra fullness.

No comments: