Friday, March 25, 2011

I've been thinking...

...If I want something more than I want God's will (or his timing), it is a sin.
Even if what I want or think I need is a good thing.
It's saying that God does not know what is best for me and my life right now.

But God cares for the sparrows- How much more does he care for me?!
(At least the same amount, if not more!)

Psalm 100:3
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we our selves; we are the sheep of HIS pasture.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the LORD.


Heavenly Father,
My wants are NOT your desires or plans for me and my life.
Please Lord-> Change my "wanter" - make me CRAVE your will. Make me your bond slave. For life.
~In Jesus' name, amen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Pastor Bacon used to say that if you did not want God's will, then your "wanter" is bad, so you should get a new wanter.)

Here is a good sermon by Bob Vincent, on this issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, Adrienne, may that prayer be in my heart as well.
Sarah H.