Saturday, August 27, 2011

Growing up.......

Proverbs 21:31...
"The horse
is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD."

...you know I never did (and still don't) see any reason to "grow up"? (Sigh.) I just thought that if I ever had a reason to, I would.

Well~ I still don't, but maybe "growing up" is good practical example of Prov 21:31. That growing up is like getting my horse ready, and then it would be up to God to give me a reason to grow up. And then maybe someday I would say something like: "I am so glad that I went ahead and grew up, 'cause now I am ready for this project/phase of life!"

So I guess that I should grow up now. I know that I would make a LOT of relatives very happy.
(...sigh again...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I always in the back of my brain thought of growing up and getting old as the same thing, and in a way it is.

I don't ever want to be like most of the adults I know, that never:

*Run for no reason other than because they want to...
*Ride on the Merry-Go-Round or Carousel(!)...
*Swing on swing sets every chance they get...
*Slide down slides... (It makes me SO sad that parks are taking down the good old slides as fast as they can...I really wish that I could buy a few for our yard...that would be a lovely birthday gift!)
*Reading children's or at least books that are intended for younger audiences...
*Have stuffed animals in my room (& on my bed too)...
*Random humming of children's tunes in the check out line...
*Wear bows in their hair....
~And lots of other fun things, I could go on and on!~
(I don't think adults really like balloons, or at least almost never show it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see myself as a sort of Laura Petrie/Barbara Good and Adrian* kind of person, so I wonder how much I may really change?

But, I am interested in being a responsible, reliable, competent & confident young lady. =) ...now I just have to figure out how...

(Mom says it's more about not being afraid of what might come ('cause I am always fearing what might happen, or what might not happen), but being willing to tackle whatever God brings for me to do.)

*Mom says that I am NOT like Adrian. (Rocky's girlfriend)

No comments: