Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crafty Tuesday~ 1940's

Today I thought that I would dust off our 1949 "Childcraft" craft book and see what it held~ we own 3 different sets (49', 68' & 82'). The "younger" sets have a book called "Make and Do", that are aimed for children amusing themselves creatively, and when I pulled this book out, I saw that the title was "Creative Play and Hobbies". This book was aimed at helping the parents raise creative & handy children. So, at first glance you think that this book is for the child rocket scientist in your life....but not really! They say things like "This will help you child learn___!" Or "Your child will learn sharing..." Etc... =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~clicking on the photos should enlarge them~

Beanie Caps!!! Just what you need to top off your outfit! =) I think that I need one of these...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever played Tenpins? If you follow these instructions, you can make a game! (Everyone has a bag of old-fashioned clothes pins around, don't they? We do, but if you don't, don't worry, you can still buy them at the craft store!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Goodnight Children, Everywhere":

No comments: