Monday, March 12, 2012

Fun Monday~ 1940's

I think that I am spending too much time on these posts...Mom says that I should just pick 1 or 2 things to talk about....sigh...see how that went today? =}

My favorite board game, Candyland(!) was invented in 1945 by Eleanor Abbott, while she was recovering from Polio. There have been 21 editions of the Candyland game, from 1949 to date. (but I think that the older ones are the best)

Eleanor Estes wrote the first Moffat book in 1941. The Moffat family lived in the same town as Ginger & Pinky Pye. (although those books were written in the 50's)

The first 3 books in the Melendy Series (click here), were written in the 1940's~ I think that the first book is my favorite! It really makes you wish that you had lived in 1941....

Have you ever watched the movie "Mrs. Miniver"? Well, it was a book before it was a movie.
(click here) Mrs. Miniver is set in England, during the war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Because I can't help myself, a Jello Commercial:





No comments: