1. Even though I had never sewn with this type of fabric before, it went together VERY well!
2. And the invisible Zip (here) was THE BEST looking one I've ever put in! =)
1. Something went wrong in the bodice: it is oddly too tight (even though it's a pattern that I've made lots of times, and it should have fit).
2. the bodice was too long, but I did not know until after my perfect zipper went in.
3. And the skirt was too long. (I know, I can fix that, but why?!)
How did I finish the raw side-seams?
First, I trimmed them, then I sewed a second line of stitching farther out...(see photo above)...then I sewed single-fold bias tape to one side, folding over at the arm opening (see below photo).
Last, but not least, I very carefully (so as to only catch the lining and not the dress fabric) hand stitched the single-fold bias tape to the lining, so it is now neat & flat (see below photo)!