Saturday, June 25, 2016

Summer Of No Pants 2016*: Post 1

My "Golf  Shorts" dress....If I was ModCloth, I may have called it "Tee Time" dress.



~I used my go-to pattern, the retired Simplicity #8071
~The fabric is a seersucker from the Teague/Gann (sp?) collection

~I did not lengthen the bodice because I was adding the waistband. (I wish that had)
 ~I should have lengthened the bodice front, and placed the waistband on top (So that I would not make a mistake in the length...I would save time by not having to seam-rip & re-sew!).
 ~ I think that I should have just lengthened the bodice back, instead of cutting the back waistband...juggling 3 bodice pieces instead of 4 would have been nice.

~But I did add an extra inch of fabric to each shoulder front, and gathered it to make it match the back bodice.  (Then pinched it out in 2 pleats at the waist.)  And I pinched out 2 more pleats, so...4 pleats total in the front of the bodice. =)
~The zipper is a regular zipper, set in the side (so I would not have to match the plaid).


Smooth front:
 

 Elastic in the back:

Cute necklace Mom & Dad gave me:

*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants is a Google+ group, and anyone can join & post at anytime.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a good job!!!! I love that fabric and the colour options with it are amazing I would bet!