Wednesday, April 05, 2017

My Second Baby Cake

To day is mini cake baking day~~~  I baked 's "Mini Ombre Cake" - -
 - recipe found HERE.   The cake is LOVELY!  
(the frosting- not so much...too sweet, too greasy...)
I loved how the edges of the cake were nicely crunchy, even after frosting.


 Notes: 
~I used Costco's Organic Butter (instead of Kerry Gold)
~and I could not find our Strawberry jam, so I used my own homemade Cranberry Sauce.
~Don't make the frosting "early"- it ends up an odd consistency...maybe melted...
~I loosely covered the cake about halfway through baking- I'm glad that I did.
~Next time, I think that I'd use a Cream Cheese (or part cream cheese) frosting on the sides, and have plain Jam/Jelly on the top- you know, more flavor that way!  OR frost it with a Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting! 😋

No comments: