Monday, July 23, 2018

Musical Monday: Eileen Barton's "If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked A Cake"



I can't believe that I'd NEVER heard of this song before last Thursday night! It was even on Sesame Street in 1969 (watch here) and I watched the re-runs....oh, well...I've now added it to my playlists! =)  It conveys my sentiments very well!

Trivia according to Wikipedia: "..."If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake" is a popular song published in 1950.  The best known version of the song was recorded by Eileen Barton in January 1950.  The record first reached the Billboard magazine charts on March 3, 1950 and lasted 15 weeks on the chart, peaking at #1....(It also hit #1 in Britain in April of 1950.) ...In 1962, Barton's recording of the song was included in a list of 101 Perennial Singles Hits compiled by Billboard – a group "For year-round programming by juke box operators and radio stations ..."
(embedded below or listen  HERE

No comments: