Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Summer Of No Pants* 2018: Post 3


Dress number 3: 
With birthday money from Papa & Grandma last year, I bought fabric from Mary Engelbreit's web site (here)!  I knew that Grandma would appreciate me trying a new pattern, so I tried out Simplicity 2209...and yes, this dress was supposed to a SONP dress last Summer...just now finished it!

 

Mixed feelings: I LOVE the skirt, and over all the construction was good, I also liked the front darts: you don't sew them all the way up- sew only part way to allow free fall! 
I DON'T like the narrow shoulders, the gaping arm holes, and the top back of the bodice bags...these are things that I don't know how to fix, or how to tweak the paper pattern another time.   I LOVE THE FABRIC!!!



Input errors: I did not realize that I actually needed a smaller size on top, I accidentally sewed the bias tape to the wrong side of the arm holes (did not notice till I'd trimmed the opening already). 
 


<- front dart detail



*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants did have a Google+ group, but it has been deleted...so sad!)


To learn more about SONP, please visit  hideousdreadfulstinky.com/  
and put  Summer Of No Pants in the search bar...it'll be fun!  =)

No comments: