Monday, January 04, 2010

I am sidetracked........

You know that I have always been my Mom’s “right hand”, and I know that she does appreciate all that I have done for her and the family in the past, but when I stopped to think about it, I realized that I really do not do very much at all. =( I mean, sure I kept up with the laundry, and cleaned the bathrooms (not often enough even I know!) without having to really be told to. (that’s good if you consider my age….but then if you do consider my age, then you would say: “What kind of a lazy bum are you any way? Your poor Mother- helping to save the world, and that‘s all you remember to do?!?!?” )



The problem is that I simply seem to have no concept of time, space, or jobs/events. So I sat down and read the “Sidetracked Home Executives” (written by two sisters that were hopeless housekeepers like me)
They figured out a easy (that word is relative) way to make you a good housekeeper- a file box system with a card for every chore or daily event that you wish to accomplish. For a whole year. =P It would be too long to explain the whole thing, but you have dividers for each day of the month, and also each month. So you know all the time what you have to do before you can have “free time” --not too bad! =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also think that I have finally found the trick to New Year's Resolutions- you have to start them 2 or 3 weeks before the New Year~ so far so good! =) Now I only started one that way to try out the theory, so I will just have to be extra diligent for the rest of the list…you know the really “fun” things, like getting into shape/fit. =]
Well know you probably know more about this aspect of my life than you wanted to! Sorry- I had to tell someone! =)


As a side note, did you know that the weather man says that it is supposed to be 19 degrees on Thursday night?! =O That’s COLD!

No comments: