Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Create in me a new heart, O God....

Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses. Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
~Psalms 25: 16-18

"Resolved, whenever my feelings begin to appear in the least out of order, when I am conscious or the least uneasiness within, or the least irregularity without, I will then subject myself to the strictest examination."
~Jonathan Edwards, resolution #60. July4th &13th 1723

I think that this is a very good resolution, and it is good to learn from those who went before us. But I almost never heed it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David said:
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.....
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a new heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

~Psalms 51:1-3, 7-12, 15-17


Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. ~Psalms 27:14

No comments: