Tuesday, December 06, 2011

The book of Isaiah...

...Isaiah 40:28-31 to be exact.
I am reading my way through the book of Psalms right now, but I was tired Sunday night, and instead of reading there, I thought that I would just let my Bible fall open, and I would read what I found. (that is something I have only done a few times in my life)

I started reading at the top of the page (v.22), and I was encouraged to find verses 28-31 at the bottom, though at the time I did not notice what I was reading, in order to go back again some time.

~Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. ~He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
~Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
~But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

And even though I was so tired, for some reason I left a marker there....
~*~
....last night (the following night) was rough, and in picking up my Bible, it naturally opened to the marker, and I re-read these verses. And I found them to be an extra blessing to me.

The Providence of God is amazing.

And I am continually surprised, and reminded that HE knows all- how I am feeling, what I need, and when I need it, and how to give it to me!

No comments: