Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Of No Pants 2013 post #4

 When Mom gave me my sewing birthday party (here), my friend Rachel cut this dress out for me...I finally got it sewed ~ I like it. =)   It is an old Vogue #7871 (late 1990's I think)


For some reason (I may have stretched it), there was a "pout" in the neck line, so I pinched it out, and sewed the top inch or so...not all the way down for a real dart...I may add a couple of red buttons for decor.


 My first invisible zipper (here) ~


Mom's skirt:
Linen/Rayon blend from JoAnn....it was gorgeous before she washed it- it came out a little pilly.   Butterick #3134 (the top is Alfred Dunner from JCP)


 I was laying on the floor, pinning up Mom's hem (sometime around 12am), and Fergie decided that he needed to join me! =)


3 comments:

Ms. C said...

Your dress came out great! And what a great way to take care of that extra bit of fabric in the neckline.

Miranda said...

Hi Adrienne, I found your blog tonight from SONP and have enjoyed reading several posts. I'm a grandma and have been sewing since I was in elementary school. I homeschooled my children--my daughter is about your age. Your dress is beautiful on you and I really like how you fixed the neckline gap. I'll have to remember that. :)

Adrienne said...

Thank you, ladies~ Thanks also for "stopping by"! =)