Friday, August 04, 2017

Food on Friday: No Cook Chocolate Cookies

I wanted to make Almond Brownies the other night, but Mom said not tonight. The next night I did not feel like baking, and cookies sounded better...I know, I know- you don't have to tell me: all "No Cook Chocolate Cookies" are closer to a candy than a cooky! =)
(I made these thinking of you Uncle Clint- I'd have sent you some, but, they would not have mailed very well...)

This recipe came from Grandma (Martha Spain) I believe, but Mom and I both tweaked it... =)
So, I'll give you all the recipes with 3 generations of notes, and you can feel free to make it the way that seems right to you!

 Oh, and I found this Blog Post written by Joe Willson on the subject at hand to be interesting, sad and funny- you may like it too. =)



 No Cook Chocolate Cookies
(They will be a bit sticky, I guess from leaving out some sugar- I had to scrape them up with a metal brownie spatula- Like this ONE.)  Grandma's recipe is below- just click on it, it should get bigger.

Mix in a medium size bowl, and set aside:
1 cup EACH: Organic Quick Oats, Sprouted Oat O’s, Organic Coconut (Shredded, Unsweetened)
1/3 -1/2 cup chopped Organic Pecans
(next time, I'll try broken organic spelt pretzels in place of the oat o's, and use more pecans and less coconut)

Mix the following in a pot:
1 cup Organic Sugar
1/4 tea. Stevia powder
a pinch of Salt (I think that I'd up it next time)
1/2 cup Organic Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Milk
1 stick Butter

~Boil 1 minute- DO NOT STIR.  ~Remove from heat, and add:
1-2 Tablespoons of Organic Peanut butter
1 tea. Organic Vanilla Extract

Stir well, and pour over the dry ingredients, stir thoroughly.
(Optional: stir in a handful of Mini Chocolate Chips- hopefully they won't melt right away)

Drop onto waxed or parchment paper covered baking sheets, and refrigerate or freeze.  They will be a bit sticky, I guess from leaving out some sugar- I had to scrape them up with a metal brownie spatula- like this ONE.

~Happy eating!
Adrienne

No comments: