Thursday, August 10, 2017

Summer Of No Pants 2017*: Post 1

 Dress number 1:

My Aunt waned me to sew a dress with an elastic waist, and I tried in June '16, but did not care for how it worked, after much thought, I tried again---I need to think some more and try again, as this this dress is better than the last, but the pattern still needs tweaking.  (Before I cut the fabric she gave me!)   I lengthened the bodice and added 2 casings to the inside, and ran 1/2" elastic- I was careful to not stitch the elastic into the zipper, so that if I wished I could take it up, or redo it.


~ I used the retired Simplicity #8071
~The fabric is a fun cotton that came from Jo-Ann  ...THIS season! (It was also a New Year gift from my Uncle Clint!)
~And I lengthened the bodice 2 1/2 inches, so I could give it an elastic waist- I don't need to wear a belt, but I can.
~The zipper is a invisible zipper, set in the back- this may have been my best yet!  I just love my IZ foot that Dad got me- I can't thank him enough!
~I added an extra inch of fabric to each shoulder front, and gathered it to make it match the back bodice.  (Then pinched it out in 2 pleats at the waist...and pinched out 2 more pleats, so...4 pleats total.)






*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants is a Google+ group, and anyone can join & post at anytime.)

  To learn more about SONP, please visit  hideousdreadfulstinky.com/  
and put  Summer Of No Pants in the search bar...it'll be fun!  =)

Thanks again, Uncle Clint for the new dress and bag!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this beautiful dress! - Darleen