Saturday, September 30, 2017

Summer Of No Pants 2017*: Post 3

Dress number 3, and last one of the "season"...

~Fabric came from Jo~Ann YEARS ago-- I intended to sew a different pattern- a sundress, but never did- wasn't brave enough, so I decided that it was time.  So much so, the fabric smelled like really old fabric that I've gotten from other people (until I washed it). After some thought, I realized that this fabric is more than 15 years old...yes, it should smell a little funny. 😕


~ I used the retired Simplicity #8071 - it is my FAVORITE pattern. It's easy, and it has no darts or seams in the bodice!  =)
~The Zipper is a metal one from the Teague/Gann collection- this was the second time I tried a Lapped Zipper application...not so good- I need to try that again, in another outfit!  =/

~*~

*SONP not is officially happening this year, but I like to sew, and wear cute dresses & skirts anyway, so I'll just do my own thing....(Summer of No Pants is a Google+ group, and anyone can join & post at anytime.)

1 comment:

McKee Family said...

It's a really cute dress and you could always re-make it into a sundress later! =)
Love,
Mom