Did you know:
1) There are Daffodil Festivals? Old one HERE or new one HERE.
2) Daffodils came to the Puyallup Valley around 1925 to replace the area’s dying hop industry.
3) are from Spain and Portugal.
4) 1955 was the beginning of: "The American Daffodil Society" (info about daffodils here)
5) Gloucester County, Virginia held the title "Daffodil Capital of America" in the 1930s and 40s.
6) DO NOT eat daffodils. They are toxic/poisonous. (HERE)
|Joshua & me at Papa & Grandma's in spring 1988...we were allowed to have 2 each.|
|Language of flowers~ Daffodil: Regard, Unequaled Love, You're the Only One, The Sun is Always Shining When I'm with You|
|Mom and me in March 1988 at Papa and Grandma's house.|
|"Mount Rainier forms a backdrop for daffodil fields of the Puyallup Valley" ~1944|
Click HERE for more Vintage Daffodil Postcard fun!
Hundreds of acres of bulbs in the valley around Mt. Rainier....