Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer of No Pants 2014, post #1

It's that time of year again~ the Summer of No Pants skirt/dress wearing/sewing/and embellishing challenge!

New this year: you don't have to sew! 
Yes, that's right- you can participate in other ways.....Go HERE to find out how! =) 
Oh, and remember: You don't have to have a blog in order to participate....
....just a "Google+ account"!  Please join us!
(to view what I did for SONP in the past, just click here


Once again, my favorite Simplicity #8071 came to the rescue!  I needed some new town/work dresses, and this blue & white stripe cotton dress is one of them. (Thanks for the fabric, Gay!)

When a "non-church" dress is new, I still get to wear it to church a time or two, while it's still new!  =)

I was envisioning a shorter, chunkier tie....I think that I may have to remodel it!

Later after church, I tossed the sweater, and changed my silver bangle for red plastic beads.

(I'm posting this zipper photo so you know that I'm not perfect, and my zippers are not always perfect.....in fact, most of my zippers are not quite right!  Remember, I have a post about sewing zippers, click here)



#SONP2014

No comments: