Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Chocolate Pudding Pie???

How do you like these little baby Chocolate Pudding Pies?  I tried to make them for an upcoming lunch date. I'd never made a chocolate pie before, but during the last lunch I was (good-naturedly) requested/ordered (by a 5 year old) to bring chocolate pie next time....so I tried...it was easy (too easy) and SO, SO tasty!  I thought that I could see more such pies in my future... (Recipe HERE)  
 This was one of those times that mine did NOT look like the picture. Oh, well.

I don't know what went wrong- the pudding was thick (while hot), but did not set while chilling over night. Chocolate soup- you had to pop the whole thing in at one big bite. Hmmm...I don't know what went wrong. Had to serve it in little paper cups!😕 Oh, well, I'll have to try again!

 
 (I just love this new blog I found!  Monet has such a way with photographs and words...! )
Notes:
~I baked the 2.5" circles of dough over the bottoms of an upside-down pan: find instructions here
~We had no milk, so I used Cream
~Per Mom's suggestion I increased the Cornstarch by 1 Tablespoon
~Used one of Mom's Famous Pie Crusts (recipe here)
~If I was making them for children again, I think that I would cut the cocoa powder a bit, for adults, use it all! 

No comments: