Did you know:
1) Texas-Tulips (tulip fields) is in Pilot Point???
2) Tulip bulbs are chocolate candy to Moles...we can only grow them in pots or wire cages around here.
3) are originally from Central Asia. (During the 1500's, Europeans became plant explorers, and went out and found the tulip...and made it what it is today)
4) Mary Brown Stewart imported a few of the tulip bulbs from Holland in 1906; her mail-order business took off with orders from garden clubs in the Northeast. Mrs. Stewart's small business has flourished into a booming industry! In 1998 more than 40 million bulbs left the valley, many of them sold to Holland.
5) The Tulips have lots of festivals too- here are 2: Washington HERE and Kansas HERE.
6) The SONG "Tulips From Amsterdam".
|Tulip (General)||Perfect Lover, Fame, Flower Emblem of Holland|
|Tulip (Red)||Believe Me, Declaration of Love|
|Tulip (Variegated)||Beautiful Eyes|
|Tulip (Yellow)||There's Sunshine in Your Smile|
|Easter 1988 |
(Mom sewed her dress, and that is our neighbor Scotty's house behind us.)