Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wonderful Banana Cookies

Where have these cookies been all my life?! They are sooo good, but then I do like Banana Bread- but it can be really hard to not over cook quick breads...

These cookies are soft, chewy and tons of delicious banana flavor, and good right out of the oven, or room temperature, and frozen was even better! (they did not get too hard!)

(Note: I used good Coconut oil, instead of the shortening & butter, and added 1/2 t. of butter flavor.)
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Mix together shortening, butter, white sugar, eggs, bananas, vanilla, milk and vinegar till light and creamy.
  2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to other mixture. Add nuts.
  3. Chill one hour in refrigerator.
  4. Drop by teaspoonful (I used the medium sized cooky dropper) on greased cookie sheet about two inches apart.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes.

This recipe came from allrecipes.com Link
~Happy eating!
Adrienne

(Confession: I was a VERY BAD GIRL. I ate 4 when I baked them (on Sunday), and subsequently have consumed 4 more as of yesterday. Sigh....they are so good...and I am so bad. Sigh.

No comments: