Saturday, July 21, 2012

Crackers~

~ for "Gatherer" (kind of), of the GenoType Diet world.


1. At 10-11pm on a Saturday night I mixed up some cracker dough.

2 cups Whey
1 cup Kefir
1 Tablespoon Salt (not enough)
2 teaspoons Baker's Yeast
5 & 1/3 cups of flour:  Oat/Barley/Spelt and maybe 1 cup of Rice flour, because I ran out of everything else.
2 cups Rolled Oats
a glug of Oil (I don't know how much- see the picture above)

 After mixing it up, I left it (covered) on the counter over night.

 2. About 10am Sunday morning, I added another 1 & 1/3 cup Rolled Oats and left it again until:

3. 7pm Sunday night, when I rolled them out (like a pie crust- between 2 sheets of waxed paper), cut them, and brushed them liberally with butter (I added a bit of salt to the butter, but you don't have to), and baked them at 350.  

(I baked 3 pans and called it a night- I stored the rest of the dough in the fridge....and baked the rest on 2 different days later on in the next 7-10 days.) 


~Eat'em up, eat'em up, yum, yum!~
(Mom said they were a bit sour, I did not notice...)

No comments: