Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Masterpiece Theater: The Paradise

Mom and I have watched and really enjoyed this mini-series  ~ a little stressful, but clean & I always like to watch shows that are from the perspective of "the help"....shows like "Miss Rose White", "The Help", "Miracle on 34th Street", "Driving Miss Daisy", the first season of "Downton Abbey" and "Upstairs Downstairs" (We'd not re-watch the last 2, or suggest watching them....I know that some  folks really like them, but I felt that I should say what my family thought....Oh, and "The Help" needs a filter....) 


"Young and ambitious country girl Denise Lovett arrives in a booming northern city and takes a job at The Paradise, the glittering department store across from her uncle’s drapery shop..."
                                                               ....and the rest is history....


We watched it on the PBS website- but they just expired, so are no longer available to watch for free there...so sorry, I did not tell you about them sooner!)! 
(FYI: we did not care for the 4th & 5th - and won't watch them again)

No comments: