Friday, April 17, 2015

Food on Friday: My First Corn on the Cob

Can you believe it?  The first time I was ever in charge of the WHOLE corn-on-the-cob project was last Summer!    First I read this article:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/434502-how-to-roast-corn-in-the-oven-with-the-husk-and-silk/

Then I tried 3 ways:
1. whole corn, wrapped in foil & baked
2. whole corn, not wrapped in foil & baked
3. husked corn, boiled


I was not strong enough to cut the ends off, and squeeze the corn out method, so, I cut the tops off, and did the pinch and pull down method.   I must say that baking the whole corn, and peeling them after baking was SO much easier than the old way of shucking & boiling!



                                                                        ~Happy Eating!
         Adrienne

No comments: