Round 3: Sewing a dress with an elastic waist, and I tried in June '16, and Summer '17. It went better this time!
~The fabric is a fine, light weight Red Cotton Corduroy ~ I inherited from the Hutchins Family. =)
~I used my go-to pattern, the retired Simplicity #8071 =)
~ Cut the bodice sides straighter so hence fuller.
~And I lengthened the bodice 2 1/2 inches, so I could wear a belt with it. (but I don't have to because:
~I lengthened the bodice and added 3 casings to the inside, and ran 1/2" elastic- I was careful to not stitch the elastic into the zipper, so that if I wished I could take it up, or redo it.
~I added an extra inch of fabric to each shoulder front, and pleated it to make it match the back bodice. (Then pinched it out in 2 pleats at the waist.) ~And I pinched out 2 more pleats, so...4 pleats total. =0
~OH, and this time I just pinched the shoulder, instead of gathering it.
~The zipper is a invisible zipper, set in the back.