Thursday, March 29, 2012

Baking Thursday~ 1960's

Remember my 1961, Make-it Book from Tuesday? Well, included in those "over 1000 things to do" are some recipes (for goodies)! I made this for my cousins one year....they were so good!

(although, I must say, there was no such thing as "drop by teaspoons..." mine somehow ended up being really thick, like a dough that I had to knead. I pinched off bits and then rolled & slightly flattened them...They kind of dried.) I put them in Ziploc bags for storage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sweets For My Sweet" was the Drifters song in 1961, and in 1963 the Searchers sang it.
Embedded for you today is the Searchers version:



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few more of my recipes:
Gluten-free Cinnamon Muffins
Adrienne's Coffee Ice Cream
Sugar (or Sugar-Free) Spiced Almonds

....and you know, you can always check out my Recipes/Food tab over on the right...

Want some coffee? Instant coffee ad:


1 comment:

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Those wintergreen wafers sound really good. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything minty/wintergreen/peppermint. :D